Want to set up poker tournament or cash games at home?
Many of my disciples ask me how to set up poker tournament or cash games in the comfort of their own home. Truth is, home poker games are a lot of fun. But there are many pitfalls and headaches to avoid.
Need poker chips, a table, cards or other supplies? Poker Chips, cards, tables and more at Pokernstuff.com
The classic home poker game involves a group of friends having a fun social evening. "Friends" is the key word. Remember, these are your brothers and sisters, chosen for life. You don't want to fall out over a hand of Texas Holdem. Life really is too short for that kind of crap.
Love of money is the root of all evil...
Ask yourself why you are hosting home poker games. If it's for the money, perhaps you should look for strangers to fleece, instead of your friends.
Beware of involving too many outside, unknown parties in your home poker cash games. Imagine how you'll feel if a casual acquaintance you might never meet again leaves with a huge pile of your cash.
If you are inviting in plenty of strange faces, perhaps you should follow our advice on how to set up poker tournaments at home.
With all those stark warnings ringing in your ears, relax! This WILL be a great experience. With the help of the Church of Texas Holdem's Local Parish, you can become an expert host of home poker games.
- Some sensible considerations for your home poker game...
- A chip and an chair... you're going to need plenty of poker equipment
- The best advice on setting up home poker cash games
- How to host home poker tournaments for your friends!
- What about home poker rules and etiquette?
- What to do if somebody is cheating at home poker games?
- Ready to set up your home game? You're going to need supplies!
- Don't forget your poker hand coasters and poker T-shirts...
Sister Ruby wonders about home poker law -- whether it's illegal to
host a poker game at home